Legal Forms to Help with Your MIP Charges

(206) 467-3190
Burg & Lantz: WA State MIP/MIC Defense
Burg & Lantz: WA State MIP/MIC Defense

Give Us A Call: 206-467-3190

We have helped many people who are in a similar situation to you fight their charges.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Below are some of the forms that we sometimes need from your clients on a prompt basis from our clients:

Speedy Trial Waiver:

In all MIP cases  in Washington state cases you have a right to a speedy trial, that is a right to trial within 90 days of your first court appearance if you are not held in jail, or 60 days if you are in jail. For MIP cases you may extend this to a period outside of the 90 days. This happens a lot in our state for Washington State MIP cases.

Extension of speedy trial happens for a variety of reasons - to work around peoples schedules (both yours and ours), to give attorneys more time to negotiate, to make sure there is time to properly investigate charges, to schedule court dates in an orderly manner.

This is the form that allows us to extend speedy trial.

Release of Information for Attorney:

This form helps us to obtain any information from an attorney that you have previously spoken to.

For instance, if on the night of your MIP arrest you spoke to an attorney, this form would allow us to get the notes taken by the attorney you spoke to.

Release of Information for Medical Records:

In some Washington State MIP cases we may need to obtain medical records to help in you MIP defense.

This form would allow a medical professional to send us the appropriate records to help us best prepare for your defense.

Release of Information To Talk To Other People:

As your lawyer we are prohibited from sharing your secrets or talking to anyone about your case without your permission. To do so, would be a breach of the attorney-client privilege and the rules of confidentiality. Sometimes in defending MIP cases we need to talk to someone about your case - a child wants us to talk to his parents.

This form allows us to do so.

Character Letter Request:

For some Washington State MIP cases we need character references. This most often occurs in the most serious of cases - maybe there are multiple prior arrests or the incident was particularly bad.

In these instances we sometimes like to get character references from friends and family to be able to show the prosecutor what our client is generally like, not just what may be seen in the police report.

Accused of a Washington State
Minor In Possession or Consumption Crime?

Give Us A Call: 206-467-3190

We will not try to "hard sell" you.

Finally, we will not try to “hard sell” you to hire us. We know choosing an attorney is a big decision and one you must make carefully – not under pressure. Because an effective attorney-client relationship requires a lot of communication and trust, we really only want to represent people who feel comfortable with us and have complete confidence in our abilities. If you don't, then you have the right to an attorney that you do feel would be a better fit.

Thank you for taking the time to look through this web site. Please contact us if you would like to meet and further discuss how we may assist you.

Contact Us Today

Burg & Lantz is committed to answering your questions about a Minor in Possession or Minor Consumption law issues in Washington.

We offer a Free Initial Consultation and we'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today at 206-467-3190 to schedule an appointment.