Geoffrey Burg is a highly rated criminal defense attorney, repeatedly recognized as both a “Super Lawyer” and having a 10/10 “Superb” rating on Avvo. Geoff has over 18 years experience defending people, writing legal publications and is a regular presenter at continuing legal education seminars. Geoff also lobbies on behalf of WACDL for people accused of crimes and fought for several bills to protect the rights of people accused of crimes.Learn More
As you may have already discovered, accusations of Washington State minor in possession of alcohol (MIP) or minor consuming alcohol (MIC) and furnishing liquor to a minor charges are taken very seriously by law enforcement, prosecutors, and the courts.
In addition to potential jail time and fines, a conviction for a Washington state MIP, MIC, or furnishing liquor charges can have serious long term consequences.
We understand after you have been arrested for a Washington State MIP or MIC you may be angry, think this is a "silly" charge.
We are here to tell you that there is hope that your charge will be successfully resolved and even more importantly, that you will make it through this period.
We would like to help you fight your Washington state MIP or MIC charge. Please email or call us at 206-467-2607 so that we may do that. We are passionate about our work and will be doing it for years to come.
We have helped people who are in a similar situation as yours fight their Washington State charges. We consistently get great results for our clients.
We have designed this web site to try and answer every Washington MIP, MIC, or furnishing liquor charge question that you may have. We did this because we know that knowledge is power and we wanted to give you back some of the power that you may feel you have lost from your arrest. We would like the opportunity to meet with you and discuss your Washington MIP, MIC, or furnishing charges. Please give us a call or email us so that we can begin to help you resolve your case.
We meet with you in our office, for free and for as long as it takes. We like to do this initial consultation in person (not over the phone) because this is the best way to hear about your case and give you legal advice. There is simply no substitute for a face to face meeting. Let's review your options -
We strive to be a firm of integrity. Here are our goals:
Based upon , it appears that we are living up to these goals and are committed to doing so in the future.
If you decide that one of us is a good fit to work with you on your Washington MIP or MIC charges (it is your choice who you work with and we promise not to hard sell you, we only want to work with people who want to work with us) then we will we begin representing you in your Washington State MIP or MIC charges.
We represent people all over the state on MIP and MIC charges, but most often in King, Pierce and Snohomish Counties.
We all feel fortunate that other people have recognized us for being good at what we do. Here is some information about our backgrounds and accomplishments:
* I have had great success in helping people accused of crimes.
* My rate of having people found not guilty at trial is higher than the state average.
* In addition, I pride myself (and gauge how well I am doing) by the number of thank you notes I receive from my clients.
* I feel proud in saying that I regularly receive these. I have repeatedly been recognized as a "Super Lawyer" by my peers in Washington Law and Politics Magazine.
* I am actively involved as a legislative liaison for the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. In this role I have written, lobbied for and passed three laws that help people accused of crimes in Washington State. In 2001 I graduated from Gerry Spence's Trial Lawyers College - an intensive training program where we learned trial skills from some of the best litigators in the country.
* I devote my practice to defending clients accused of crimes.
* I am very proud of my reputation as a thoughtful and articulate advocate I have earned while defending people accused of crimes in Washington.
* I am a member of numerous criminal defense and trial organizations and stay active in groups working to protect the rights of those accused of crimes.
* I am an active in the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and am currently working with their legislative committee to protect the rights of people accused of crimes in Washington State.
* I also periodically teach continuing legal education classes to other lawyers and publish articles on various criminal defense topics.
* In 2002, I attended Gerry Spence's Trial Lawyers College and have been named a "Super Lawyer" by Washington Law and Politics Magazine.
As our paralegal, Nandi helps us stay organized and on time. She is the person who greets you on the phone and helps with many of the details of your case. While we try and speak to you in person when you call, if we are in court, Nandi is the one who will make sure your questions are answered.
Nandi graduated in 2012 from Emory University with a degree in English.
Download our free app for 24/7 help.
Burg & Fulton are both recipients